Saturday, July 15, 2006

Insomnia

National Archives Front Door, Washington DC
It is 2:30 AM and I am wide awake. It has been a long time since I wrote. A lot of life happened since then.

Am I going to catch up? May be. No promises.

I am very upset about the Bombay train terrorist attacks. I don't know whom to blame. It doesn't even matter. I learned about it the day it happened, while reading the internet. I just really wanted to go somewhere there were many Indians. So I walked over to Royal India at the Paquis and watched BBC.

Sometimes you just have to be upset.

I walk to work in the morning, I see all these people crowding by the lake, running, walking and cycling. There are these giant poster boards with the articles from the UN Human Rights charter by the lake. In the morning, giant sprinklers come up and water all this meticulously maintained laws by the lake. Sometimes, I see Arab men of means sitting on lawn chairs brought in from Inside their cars sit under the shade watching the water with their flunkies standing about deferentially. It is a serene sight, life by this lake.

If you go upto Vevey, the lake changes. Summer is nice here. I can't wait to see Winter.

I feel perpetually jet-lagged. Alternating one week here by the lake and one week thousands miles away there is taking a toll on me. Now you know why I don't write.

May be tomorrow I will write more if the plane has a hotspot.