Sunday, September 30, 2007

Gruyère Again

I park my car at the exact same spot as before. Except this time, it is light out and the air is only just nippy. I did not lose my way and found it in the most intelligent way; using my GPS. I climbed over the winding path to the top. There on the cobble streets, tourists were still marveling the souvenir shops and the fondue restaurants. I stopped by the restaurant with beautiful panoramic views below and then went to the fort.

Like last time, the fort was closed.

I tried to remember a poem. Or a quote.

There was nothing. I wanted to remember. There were no memories. I wanted to stand still and admire the fort in its lit-glory. But the lights were off.

On the way back, I just looked out into the darkening vista and commiserated with the cows.