Sunday, December 24, 2006

Random Musings

Gare

Christmas eve in this city is like a funeral. There is no music, no major production of lights and sounds and nothing is open. Except for the mad rush of skiiers out of the airport and on to destinations snowy in the hinterhand, not a soul on the street. So naturally I was drawn to the new Starbucks with its popular Christmas songs and American look.

It is finally getting cold. I am not complaining. I like this weather. Even though, looking down from the air, you can see that the Jura is still bald in most places and without any snow. Global warming indeed. At one point, I saw the clouds getting trapped by the mountain range like a dam and a bit of the white puffy cloud was beginning to leak down the other side like a waterfall. That was just breathtaking. I have always had this urge to jump out of the window and run on the clouds as if it was some magical surface capable of holding my weight. Run on the valleys and crevices of the cloud carpet for as long as I like and they hold. In the mornings when the sun slowly rises over the clouds, the view is just breathtaking. If I ever need a reason to cry looking out of the window at 38 thousand feet, that is it.

On the second floor of Starbucks, I meet a caramel Machiato. Grande, perfectly made. Heaven. Christmas came at the right time on a blue couch with a perfect cup of coffee. I am so easy to please.

Earlier today, I saw a guy at the lounge at the airport that I recognized. One of the flight attendant recognized me from an earlier flight.

World is getting smaller.

There was a futile trip to my office to retrieve my car. Unfortunately that didn't work. There was an unnecessary yet pleasant trip to the airport.

And tomorrow I leave early in the morning for India.