Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bizarre Weekend to End a Bizarre Week

Figures
This was possibly the strangest week ever. Not because it was so weird that it has to be written about with shock or celebrated because it was so special. None of that. It was like being a camera grip in a Tinto Brass movie set or in less pedestrian terms being a waiter in Sex and the city.

I had a very stressful week. I worked from 7 AM till 8 PM on most of the days. By the time the weekend came about, I really needed to decompress.

I could have chosen easier, normal ways to do that. Perhaps I did. But these days, I feel like my life is like a waterfall.

Friday night, I went to the birthday party of someone I know; an actress. It was in a bar in a very historic part of the city. Midway through the celebrations, the actress took her boyfriend to the bathroom and blew him and they returned to regale us with the details. One of the gay people in the crowd, without ceremony or prior notice, french-kissed the actress which didn't go over well with her boyfriend. Then the party proceeded to her place where she kicked us out rather unceremoniously in ten minutes so they can finish having sex. So the party, in dwindling numbers, proceeded to the house of a gay couple (and the actress, having finished her urgent need was going to join the rest of us there, but predictably she did not. I believe the jealous boyfriend might have been a factor.) Another actress, whom I had seen nude in a play I had seen recently, was at the party. She was 6'2", really thin and was flat as a stale coke. We opened bacon-flavored chips and made cocktails. I got home at 4:00 tired and not decompressed. And we mostly discussed designer coffee tables. As far as parties go, this night was quite difficult to categorize.

In the morning, after I worke up, I met a friend for brunch and ate omlettes with ham. There was a painting of a crushed sprite-can lying abandoned on the street on the wall. A man sat listening to our conversation while pretending to be engrossed in the newspaper. I dropped her at a shopping mall and went to meet another friend. Together, we drove to Gex in France at 2:30 PM to do some shopping. There were giant wood carvings of giraffes in the store and the man who was helping us had a slight lisp. Back in Europe, I went to get an eye exam and blew 800 bucks on a new pair of glasses I didn't need. Soon after, I was completely taken over by remorse. But it was already too late to do something about it. So instead I had a burger. Then I went to meet a friend at 7 PM for coffee and the friend from brunch joined us. Over a frappuchino, I observed the evening as it turned crimson. Worse, I watched myself giving Samosa techniques to an African in great amusement since I am never known to be even competent in any forms of cooking, particularly Indian cooking. I got home around 9:30 PM and caught up on phone calls.

After much thought, I joined some people at a lounge at 11:30 PM. They decided to go to a club and I decided to meet another set of friends in a different club at around 12:30. There was too much alcohol and I was bored. I quietly walked out without goodbyes at 3 AM and joined a few others at a third club. Where after drinking a lot of apple juice, I fell asleep on the couch as people danced all around me. At 4:30 AM I decided to go home.

I am still waiting for decompression. Any suggestions?