Monday, January 15, 2007

Coppet

When I walked off from the Starbucks, I knew I could not go home. So I drove away from myself.

I parked my car right at the edge of Lac Léman at a random parking lot in Coppet for no reason. Then I turned up the sax version of "I love Paris" and drank the café latte from the starbucks. The sun came down slowly and disappeared on the other side of the lake behind the mountains.

One side of the lake where the last remains of the light lingered, the surface of the water glowed like gold foil paper. Subtle yet quite rewarding. The other side, deprived of light, first glistened silver and then slowly dulled to lead gray. The snow on the mountains were reflecting purple and red.

At the pier, a short man stood on tip-toes and kissed his tall companion. A couple wandered off with two young daughters. The town fell silent behind me. The world stopped. Night slowly invaded my space.

The scene was like a perfect picture postcard.

On the way back, I turned off the radio and went through sleeping villages.

Luz