Saturday, February 10, 2007

Post-modern



1. Brand Management
I postponed my suicide
For a day
Considering
The ratings
And negotiations
For a better sponsor.

2. Anna Nicole
How much
Valium and Methodone
Do you need
To qualify
As a celebrity death?

--------------------------------------------------------------


Untitled



Laughter is our language
Poetry our lifeblood
We come alive in the evening

I came this way by accident,
like a bird retiring
And found my branch for the night

You came a decade later
To the next branch
With water and warmth

Some nights when I rose up
In nightmares of past sins
You sang me a lullaby

So say good-bye with a poem
Before the night is over
While we are still laughing


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turning Tricks


Outside the academy
The language that has many
Wonderfully empty words like

-- Humanity
-- Kindness
-- Righeousness

Is calling the passerby
Enticing them with ideas

I watch the torn underwear of the language
Peeking from under its pretty skirt
Today she is quite flowery
But like a cheap whore
Standing around Paquis
For a quick fix

I kept walking because
I had no poems to spare