Saturday, April 14, 2007

Globbish Poem

A new form of stripped-down English is emerging around the world that is suppossed to be effective but not rich. This is the global English that is used by five hundred million speakers around the world who use it as a medium of communication around the world only in the context of business and rudimentary social communication.

Herald Tribune postulates that this will get even simpler and evolve into a different language from the preent-day English. English that is used in the US and the UK will become mere dialects of this global form of English. So, here is an attempt to write a poem in Globbish as I would write it in 2040. The poem is real, the sentiments are real and apparently the language is also real.

left faint smell perfume
unwashed shirt
Left bottom
old suitcase

nipple attached bottle vodka
Feeds child life blood
I kiss what left river
After sold soft drink bottlers?

old memory ranting unconsciously
emergency ward hospital
Lets bury dreams hope
They die asphyxiation

Collapse heap
Rise hope
Wait opening
Expect heartbreak

Shadow boxing
this dark alley
All myslf
Against world

Now let me be.
Don’t
--Obey me, listen to me
--Imitate me, pity me
--Shadow-box me