Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mountain View

(No, not the town in South Bay....)

It is a beautiful room under the rolling hills of a mountain chain. The room opens up to a vast rolling meadow and there is nothing between the veranda and the mountains. There is a man-made lake for water skiing and a beautiful golf couse that snakes around the hotel. The restaurant is just delectable, offering perfect nouvelle cousine. The wine list is extensive and the bar is open.

It is a beautiful day, neither too hot nor cold. The sky is blue and far away you can see sporadic traffic.

The bed is comfortable and bathroom is really nice. I am not that easily impressed with hotel rooms. But this is really good.

Yet, as I sit here staring at nothingness, i wonder why is it that they put me in places like this then fill the day with such a tight agenda that I don't have a moment to myself to enjoy the place.

I wish I had the time to pick up the phone and call people.

May be it is better to be in urban hotels to do this sort of stuff. At least you don't miss anything.

oh well.