Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bat Out of Hell

I didn't get back from my last trip until very late last night. So, exhausted, I missed the alarm for this morning and got up at 5:40 AM. I had an international flight at 6:35 to catch with luggage to check.

The solution: skip the morning shave and shower routine and drive like a bat out of hell and hope I make it. Fortunately it is early morning and the traffic is light. So I make it to the airport at 6:05 AM.

Mind you, the flight leaves at 6:35. And they are already boarding when I got to the counter. Long story short, I made it to the flight. (Kids, don't try this at home. Your uncle Blogger practically lives at the airport so they cut him some slack.)

So the last thing I wanted, in this unshaven and unshowed state, was to be seen.

With my luck, the CEO of the company comes in and sits next to me.

There goes my elevator speech.

Fortunately my layover in Frankfurt is long enough for me to go to the lounge and take a shower and shave.

Now shaved and showered, I wait for my onward flight.