Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mañana.... Mañana

It is one of those days.

All through winter, we had no snow here all through winter and now it comes with no bloody apologies. Like it has been here all through winter, sneaking in through the backdoor so the weatherman wouldn't notice. All of Northern Europe is caught in a snowstorm as well. Looks like seasons have shifted. Spring is now winter and summer is spring. What do I care? it is all the same to me. Far-East is balmy, Northern US is still cold and Europe has funny weather.

Al Gore, are you listening?

But I am not here to talk about the weather. I finally have a reprieve from travel for 2 days or so. This is very good news. Hopefully, if the day is not entirely crazy, I will actually call people and ketchup! May be, by then, this strange stress that i am wearing like a tight-fitting vest will fall off and I will be in eternal bliss. Good things may happen.

I have not been that regular with the blog. Or with pretty much anything. That is what happens with all this running around the planet situation. I was recently in a country and the luggage did not arrive when i did. Finally a day after I landed back home, I was able to go to the airport and pick up my suitcase. Airlines are such dahlings, aren't they?

I was scheduled to be in Napa Valley end of this month drinking some wine and visiting my little nephew before heading off to Singapore. Instead I am in Rome and then off to Argentina. What the hell is wrong with this world?

Mañana.... mañana