Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall, what a beautiful fall!

Everything looks so beautiful. I normally would never have noticed these things, but my frequent absenses from the US has made me pay more attention to the mundane things this rmoning as I drove to my office.

First of all, I felt so good driving the car. I just enjoyed the way it drives. I like the way even the German cars are tuned for quietness for Americans. In Europe, cars are tuned for some engine noise that they seem to like.

I was listening to NPR and they played an original recording of Carl Sandberg reading one of his poems (Fog) this morning. Of course, the elections are two weeks away and I am more excited about this than ever since the 1992 elections. There is a good chance the Dems will get control of the house or the Senate or the both and that would be SO great. Finally I hope there will be some accountability! Patrick is all set to win the Gubarnatorial race in MA. Former Clinton official. I am happy to see the back of Handsome Romney! I feel terrible I won't be able to vote since I will be in Spain on election day.

The leaves have turned!! Sugar maple leaves are such vibrant scarlet red this fall. The whole foliage is an exploding orgasm of colors. I wish i could drive upto the Catskill mountains this weekend and just get lost in the colors.

I didn't even complain about the traffic this morning. There is a pleasant fall chill in the air, 42 degrees F (which is around 7 or 8 degrees C I think.) And I love it. And I slept well last night, so I don't look like a zombie.

Tonight I want to eat a regular American meal and watch some TV:-) How you miss silly things when you are away, even if it is every other week:-)