Saturday, August 26, 2006

Insanity Delivered

Dark night-Somnambulating-room to room-curacao in hand-looking for invisible freinds-ghosts-broken dreams-mended hearts
He has leukemia-terror strikes through heart-he is my age-how does one collapse while lecturing-and the carefully planned life unravels
outside-rain chilled air-no smoke-no one will give me one-dregs of an afternoon's drinks-a glimmer on a tree-fades-I am left
Three in the morning-key turns-more dreams-on a beach somewhere bodies bake-on a boat-sun's menstrual blood falls all over it

At the marina-sunset has been cancelled-on account of rain-rain fucked it all up-so indoor drinks and inane conversations
His father is sick too-mine dead-it is the season for fathers to die-after a lifetime of pain or support-no closure, the bastards keep it all in

Drive fast-Mercedes going wobble-wobble on narrow roads
May be the world is scared- all this bravado will last
Until police shows up-you see-you cant talk out
Of a speeding ticket-with poetry

I say-you are so fucking right-can't talk out of a speeding ticket with poetry
Can't talk out of a small sad moment with poetry
Can't talk out of pain with poetry
Can't talk out of life with poetry

So what is this poetry good for?
If I said you will make decisions-you will think I am manipulating
I can't dance too long with a crippled leg-so I let go and fall
And wait for you to come by- when you are free to lift me up

Today-a hike on blue hills-to the top-at the Harvard observatory-I will let go
Crippled leg or not-No fucking poetry-that is for sure
And then drag half packed suitcase-into the plane
And kiss all this good-for-nothing poems good bye