Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Reader, this for you

I started to wrie this blog for me, as a diary. Now I write this for you. Even if you don't read this. I would like to think you read my blog tonight, perhaps because you were bored or perhaps because it was just there. More likely, you didn't have the time or it was too uninteresting.

It takes a long time to develop a perspective when writing a blog. A very long time. You write so many different things and recycle previous writings until you find your wings. It finally comes to you, the right words and the right ambience. First of all, the right emotional tone needs to be found. That takes time. My blog is not matured yet. However, eventually I think I will find my voice. Which is funny coming from a guy who has spent thirty seven years on this planet, drifting from place to place. I wish finding a voice was at least as easy as finding an apartment in my town in Europe, which, anyone will tell you, ain't that easy.

I am sitting 40,000 miles over the ocean somewhere over the Atlantic on my way to Munich. I am connected and online. I have just finished a glass of wine and ate perhaps half of my salmon dinner. The cabin is dark and I just have my seatback reading light on. All is still except for the muted roaring of the engines.

May be next week, I will find my voice.