Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Nice Summer Day



As I drove to work tis morning, I couldn't help but notice how perfect the day is. Looking outside my window, I see that the grass is perfectly green and the sun is hitting the leaves in just the right angle.

My office is cool, but not cold. I like the feeling of solitude when I am here and the door is closed. This stillness is overwhelming.

This afternoon, I will take a flight to the other town for my weekly commute. Tomorrow will be a different day. I can almost see how the streets in Europe will look when I begin my drive to the hotel.

A freind told me the other day that the hotel I stay at was the first place that gave Sharon and Arafat the same point of view:-) Apparently, when they came to visit for the accord, both of them had the same view out of their windows. Then I wonder, who got the higher floor?

And this is usually the view from my hotel room, the picture next to the post "Mid Morning" (I edited this post later to correct it, the picture here is a stock picture of another city). I can't wait to buy a place and move out of this. It doesn't matter how nice a hotel is, it is still a hotel room. By the way, the big glass building in front is the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and of course, you see the Lake in the background.